Wednesday 18 September 2013

WOYWW


Well you can tell I have gone back to work it has all gone completely pear shaped... and I'm only part time!

Did not get round to posting last week, so I thought I better get organised type this up a day early as I am off to a meeting today Wednesday. Does that make sense?

So here is what is on my desk this week... well kitchen worktop...




Have been going to a quilting class in Worcester and I have been making a Block a Month over the past few months. I decided to make another block of each one I had completed in the opposite colour-way. Gradually worked my way through them over the weekend. One block in particular caused me a real problem and on the fourth attempt... it nearly went in the bin. I couldn't even cut out the correct colour fabrics. It must be my age!!!


Would love to know what you all think. Its a bit loud, I know, but the rest of the class had all chosen kind of traditional quilting colours and I decided to have a bit of a rebellious moment. The pink and bubble/black fabrics will form the banding between the blocks.


9 comments:

  1. Oooh, quilting. I like the different colours you have used, they must have taken you ages!! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting is not something I have ever really done much of - but I love the colours you have used in the blocks - well done.
    Have a great week.
    Margaret #70

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in your blocks - not too bright at all. April #115

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just learned to sew a straight line two weeks ago, so I'm not much of a judge! ;) I really love your blog header :)

    Marissa #120

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these blocks.Well done you!
    Judy #18

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there! Just discovered your blog on WOYWW. I love your blocks, the fact that you've limited your colours makes them stand out even more...definitely my cup of tea! I am a late returner to sewing too but am really enjoying it. I've never yet done free machining though but don't know where to start!
    It's good to have another fabric fiend in amidst the paper crafters! Wipso and JoZart are sewing WOYWWers too.
    Hugs, LLJ 58 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow I have to say I love your colour choice for your patchwork your squares look fantastic and this will be amazing when it is all put together I can't wait to see it
    Have a great day today and a wonderful weekend
    Ria #61

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colors in the quilt...not loud at all but happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's striking! I like the bold colors. :)
    WOYWW#100

    ReplyDelete