Sunday 8 September 2013

Funny Old Weekend

Well what a funny weekend it has been...

I went to a lovely sewing workshop in Alcester run by Diane at her Sewing & Knitting shop called Harry and Floss. Diane has a wonderful light and airy work area upstairs which can take up six students. You can choose from a selection of projects to make such as bags, toy rabbits and tea cosies.
This Saturday there were five ladies all working on a different project. Diane kept us all busy with great one to one tuition, and she was so patient with us all. The workshop flew by and Sue, who was running the shop downstairs kept us topped up with coffee, tea and cake. I tried may hand at the tea cosy with appliquéd teacup on the front and free motion writing. Diane showed me how to use an embroidery hoop to complete this. 

Here is a photo of my completed tea cosy. Well chuffed. You can just make out the the free motion writing and the shadowing of the tea in the cup. 


Check out Diane's website at www.harryandfloss.co.uk for her workshops. I had a lovely day and met some other lovely lady sewers as well. I have signed up to go to a patchwork quilting class as well. Can't wait.

On returning home I then spent the rest of the afternoon helping the other half fill the car with odd bits of furniture, so it can be put into storage, so the spare bedroom can be decorated.

Today I said goodbye to my husband who has gone to India on business for a few days, ironed a few shirts, picked up my daughter, who had been out with friends clubbing and finally we both went off with the car full of bits and bobs to sell at a local car-boot sale. Well we made £37.70 which is not bad considering the most expensive items we sold were for £3.00. And not too bad for an hour and half's work.

So that sums up my weekend... Off to cook the tea now...






2 comments: