Wednesday 21 August 2013

Well here we go my first 'Blog' post...

A little bit about me, well as the blog title suggests I enjoy all things crafty and love to try out new crafts. I enjoy card making, scrapbooking and decorative folk art painting, but recently I have gone full circle and have gone back to my first love which was sewing/dressmaking. I even invested in a new sewing computerised machine. I am so glad I did, it is fantastic.

I took a while to make up my mind as to what I wanted and how much I was going to spend, but eventually decided to buy the Brother Innovis 350SE. It is brilliant. It has even inspired me to go back to making some clothes for myself, which I had not done for over 20 years!

Yes...
a dress, a pair of trousers and a top from stretchy fabric. Now there's a first. I had never tried using the stretch stitch before. Will add some photo's later.

I have even joined a quilting 'Block a Month' class and started quilting. This was my first quilt, which I made with a bit of help from class and fantastic website called Craftsy. Craftsy has online quilting classes that you can watch at your leisure. Not bad for a first attempt.




My daughter and I went to the Quilting Festival at the NEC the other week in Birmingham, truly inspiring. Bought far too much, but now working on a new project, so watch this space...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment